Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

my songs on the computor are fine but when I down load them

Customer Question
to the ipod I only...
my songs on the computor are fine but when I down load them to the ipod I only get half the song. what can i do to fix this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Did you mean, only half of the songs transfer to the ipod?

Which ipod is it? ipod nano/touch/classic?

Thank you
Vinod

it is an ipod shuffle and all the songs will begin to play but then some cut out after 20 sec and others cut our half way. all the songs donwload ok and when I play back through the device section on itunews they play completly through. it is just when i try to play them back through the shuffle they trunkate the songs.

Thank you, Steven.

I also read from your question that you have replaced your ipod. Was the other one having the same issue?

yes i replaced my old one with a new one and had the same issue which led me to believe that it was an isse with the itunes software.

But they play fine in itunes, correct? That is the strangest part.

Let's try this first.

Open itunes in the computer. Now click on Store menu at the top (where it shows file, edit, view, controls etc). Click on store > deauthorize computer.

Once it is deauthorized, click on store > authorize computer.

Now connect your ipod and sync the songs. Let's see whether this helps.

I have tried that and and playing back a song. But that did not work. Do you want to conect to my computor so that you can fix it?

sorry, I don't have the ability to connect to your computer...:(

Let's restore your ipod and see whether that helps.

Click on the ipod name listed to the left side of the itunes, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find the "restore" button.

Restore and readd the songs. Let's see whether this helps

i have tried that several time and that hasen't worked either but i will try it again.

If that does not work, let me know which computer you use - windows xp/vista/7?

windows 7

Thank you.

Let's recreate the itunes library.

Where are the music located in your computer? To find that, open itunes. Now click on Edit menu at the top (where it shows file, edit, view etc)

Click on edit > preferences > advanced.

There, you will find the itunes media folder location. Let me know the path.

now it is saying that I cannot eject the ipod because it contains files that are in by another application. I have also noticed that i have .07 GB of other information on the ipod which i would like to deleat. maybe that is causing the problem.

now it is saying that I cannot eject the ipod because it contains files that are in by another application. I have also noticed that i have .07 GB of other information on the ipod which i would like to deleat. maybe that is causing the problem. C:\Users\Owner\Music\Steven\iTunes Media

Let's restart the computer with the ipod connected.

Let's see whether you are able to eject now. Let me know once you have ejected the ipod. We will start with recreating the library.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist