Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

I added a new ID on my i-pad, but it boots to an old one for which I d

I added a new ID on my i-pad, but it boots to an old one for which I don't remember password. As a result i cannot download files or apps to it
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Are you referring to your apple id?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes

Alright do this .

1. Go to your main screen and tap on “Settings”
  2. Now tap on “Store”
  3. Now tap on “Sign out”

Now go back iTunes from the device, you will need to enter your new user name and password.

Let me know if this does not work.

If this did work please don't forget to rate the answer with one of the top three ratings, as this is the only way that I receive credit for my time and answer.

Thank You, Dan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It worked

Aright please rate my answer with one of the top three ratings, as this is the only way that I receive credit for my time.

Thank You, Dan
Please don't forget to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I enter my email address and password, i get "It looks like someone else is using your email account". Following instructions to recover doesn't work.

Is this when you are trying to download an app or what are you doing when you get the error message?

Just making sure but we are still talking about your Apple Id correct?

Let me know,

Thank You, Dan