Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

trying to print attachment off email. keep getting error opening

trying to print attachment off email. keep getting error opening this document acrabot can notopen this file while printing another
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Have you tried restarting your Mac ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes

Download the attachment to your Mac. Open Adobe Reader/Acrobat, click on File > Open. Select the document and can you print ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no the words are shaded

Does this happens with this particular attachment or with all documents ?

When did this problem started ? Also, did you tried reinstalling Acrobat ? If not, please try reinstalling it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i can print messages can not print att i am a comp idiot how do u reinstall

Sorry for the delay..helping other clients here. Do you have the Acrobat installation discs handy ?

And When did this problem started ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

on disc i think i down loaded off comp i think it started when i clicked on acrobat w2 spining arrows on the bar on bottom of screen

We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if that works or not.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM (Solution 1)

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Restart in Safe mode
(Solution 2)
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

Run Disk Utility in Single User Mode(Solution 3)
Turn your Mac off. Turn it back on and this time hold down the Command (Apple) key and the S keys at the same time. Then type the following command...

/sbin/fsck -fy (note the space between fsck and -fy)

If you can't run /sbin/fsck - fy then type only fsk - fy

Hit return and the disk utility should run and let it finish. When it finishes and there is no error, then type reboot and hit return. Let the Mac boot up. (Disk Utility will fix all system errors, bad preferences files etc)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks all set what a way to start the day w a comp idiot

You're welcome :) Don't forget to rate me Positively (Excellent Service) if you are satisfied.

Best Regards,