Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I uninstall MacKeeper from my MacBook Pro?

I want to remove MacKeeper from my MacBook Pro after reading that it can be damaging to my operating system. I also read that the "uninstall" option in the MacKeeper program does not really uninstall MacKeeper. Can you please help me with the correct process to uninstall MacKeeper without the risk of damaging my operating system. I've got a new MacBook Pro bought in 2011, so my operating system is OSX 10.7.3.
I further understand that Mac does not need any antivirus etc programs. Is this correct?

As long as you keep your Mac uptodate, you don't need the Mackeeper or any other AntiVirus applications. Apple will keep you updated with latest security softwares with Software Updates.

I'd recommend to Uninstall/Trash MacKeeper (and all its related files) with this uninstaller application CleanApp : http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/

Download and use the trial version of CleanApp to uninstall MacKeeper. CleanApp will search and list all the related files of the selected application, so you can uninstall/trash the application and all its files easily.