Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi I am trying to figure out what iphone to buy...

Hi

I am trying to figure out what iphone to buy...
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

There are many iPhone models; iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S

I'd recommend to buy iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. If you can't afford the iPhone 4S, then buy the iPhone 4 atleast. Most (90%) of the apps and new software updates from Apple will be for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Apple had Stopped updating iPhones models of 3GS or lower. So you can only run old apps on iPhone 3Gs or lower models.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I download 90% of the apps using an iPhone 3 or a iphone 3gs? I can not afford an iphone 4 and I frankly just want an iPhone for the apps it has...
Most of the new apps are for iPhone 4 and later. If you are buying an iPhone for its Apps, then I'd defenitely recommend to invest in an iPhone 4. Don't waste your money on 3GS or lower, because you will be disappointed. The new Apps are designed for the iPhone 4 and 4S.

But small applications like Skype, WhatsApp etc will work on iPhone 3GS. If you really want the iPhone, then buy the 3GS. Never buy the iPhone 2G or 3G unless you want to just use it as smartphone.
Only buy 3GS if you can't afford the iPhone 4.