Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Had to reload operating system, then install back up from apple

Had to reload operating system, then install back up from apple airport. It is now asking for password, screen is blank apart from the password XXXXX box. IT WILL NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD, I know it's the correct password. Even the password XXXXX confirms this.

Please help, thank you, Sue
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What password XXXXX you referring to ? Is it asking for the Administrator password ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It just says Mac OS X
Sue Barlows iMac
Is it asking for the Administrator or user account password ? See picture below;
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not the box above. It only has one place to type that is in the password XXXXX Above this is a photo with my name next to it.
It seems like it is asking for the administrator password. We can reset it. What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure and I can't check as it has a completely blank screen apart from the password XXXXX
Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes but it's in the disc drive of the imac
You can reset the password XXXXX the Mac OS X disc 1.
  • Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button of your Mac for 10 seconds.
  • Turn it back on and immediately hold down the C key on your Keyboard.
  • This should boot your Mac directly into Mac OS X installation screen
  • Choose your Language and click Next button.
  • Choose Reset Password from the Utilities menu
  • Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.Select your user account from there
  • Enter a new password XXXXX Click Save.
  • Restart your Mac

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have reset the password XXXXX it is asking if I want to reset home folder permissions and ACLS --- What's this do I need to do it?
Click OK or Yes