Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a Macbook pro with snow leopard. Chrome is updated.

I often need to embed...
I have a Macbook pro with snow leopard. Chrome is updated. I often need to embed utube videos on a forum (Nabble) -Borderland Beat - it comes up blank every time. When I embed with firefox or Safari on the same Nabble site I can do it appropriately. Seeing Chrome is the browser that I prefer to use, it is really inconvenient to have to cut and paste everything in a new forum window opened in firefox just embedding videos on Borderland Beat. Suggestions please, please, please.
8/1/2012
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. Hopefully we can resolve your problem together. I am sorry your having trouble today and understand your frustration.

jstinehelfer :

Please look at the following link and see if any of these suggestions help you with your problem

jstinehelfer :

Let me know if this works for you.

Customer:

I've already done all that before and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Omar C
Omar C, Mac Enthusiast
Hello. The latest version of Google Chrome is not supported in Snow Leopard. Have you tried this on a Mac running Lion/Mountain Lion?
Well, you did answer quickly but it didn't work and I'm not yet satisfied because I had already adjusted the cookies in my chrome settings.
It didn't work on OS Lion/Mountain Lion, or in your current setup?
No, I have no access to OS Lion/mountain lion. Are you saying that this is just impossible because I have snow leopard? Is that right?
Correct. You can upgrade to OS Mountain Lion for $19.99 via the App Store, as long as you have performed your updates in Snow Leopard to 10.6.8. Then you can upgrade Chrome to the latest version for your video embedding.
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist