Mac

my macbook just lately says,,,, you are not connected to the…

my macbook just lately says,,,...
my macbook just lately says,,,, you are not connected to the internet. I do not know how to set the connection back up to what ever it was before. have cable modem for pc and mac computers....although I recently updeated the modem to a faster one from time warner... Read full answer
my macbook just lately says,,,, you are not connected to the internet. I do not know how to set the connection back up to what ever it was before. have cable modem for pc and mac computers....although I recently updeated the modem to a faster one from time warner
7/17/2012
David, Mac Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions :)

Have both PC and MAC stopped connecting to the Internet?

Has either PC or Mac connected since changing router, since changing to Time Warner?

Thanks in advance ...
Hi... only mac notebook stopped connecting to internet. PC is connected as time warner just offered faster upload modem. So I put new modem in as usual...and pc is fine. macbook says you are not connected to internet

That's good news, you're Internet connection should be fine ...

The problem is only with the MacBook, so we'll concentrate on fixing just that. If your MacBook was wireless before, perhaps it is not connected to the new wireless. Click on the Airport icon, on the menu bar at the top left (looks like a edge of cheese with stripes) and click on the new Time Warner wireless. Enter your password, and test your Internet connection.

Let me know if you have any questions ...
David, Mac Support Specialist
there is no Time warner wireless option on the list of networks

What does it say in the Airport menu?

Is the PC connected wirelessly, or by Ethernet cable?

Thanks ...
the pc has a mac cable that plugs into the wall. i am not plugged in at moment. the airport menu says.
9BC6
aquaeagle
aqua eagle guest
bisulphite
forest hills
home link o 1
linksys SES \
MandM
rba[t\
join other network
create network
Are any of those your wireless network?

Are you sure the new modem is also wireless? Can you give me the name and model number from it please?
SMG 8014WG is what is on back of time warner cable modem
I don't think it is also a wireless router, does it have antenna?

Thanks ...
yes, little black thingy sticking out from back
OK so, it should be set up for wireless and one of those networks in the list should be your wireless network ...

Can you look closely at the modem, look for sticky labels, and look for network name or SSID ....

Otherwise you can go to your PC, and open a web browser, and go to this web address:
http://192.168.1.1

Let me know how that goes, thanks ...
Well. I could not find a network NAME per say, (what is SSID)? and I went to the web address you wrote but IE wont connect to it?

Sorry for the delay, I had to take a call.

SSID is the computers name for the wireless network, not necessarily what you see in the Airport list.

Also, even if you know which network it is, you might not know the password.

That's why you should connect to the router on your PC through a web browser.

The only thing is finding the right address.

Open the Start menu, and click Run. Type netstat -n and press enter.

In the list of numbers that appear, look for the one ending in 1

Type the four section number including dots into your web browser on the PC and press enter ...

Do you see a login?

sorry, the netstat command will not stay open long enough for me to even look for more than 4 seconds???
OK, in the Run box type CMD and press enter, then use the netstat -n command ...

Have you had time to try the netstat command again?

Regards,
David.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an Apple iphone 5c , so use Safari internet.
I have an Apple iphone 5c , so use Safari for the internet. Now I would like to start Wi-fi but need to know the password ***** whatever network I choose. How do I get it? Thank you.… read more
Computer Technican,
I have a netgear wifi extender set up in my house. My
I have a netgear wifi extender set up in my house. My iPad(s) successfully connect to the extender and Internet, but not consistently. Sometimes, I connect to the network but cannot connect to the Int… read more
Mac Genius,
I get a pulldown that will not let me go into a site. It says,
I get a pulldown that will not let me go into a site. It says, Area Re1000 0n 192.168.1.1.:80. This refers to a router, of which I have none. How do I eliminate the message. Also, sometimes I get a me… read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I need the personal address for an intellinet 4-port router.
I need the mac address/personal address code for my device(intellinet router 4-port).. how do I find it?… read more
Computer Technican,
I recently purchased Time Capsule and want to install in my
I recently purchased Time Capsule and want to install in my house, but would like help stepping me through the installation. I have a three-story house, and half of my house does't get wireless with m… read more
Mac Genius,
I have an Imac desktop (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8) I have a
I have an Imac desktop (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8) I have a DSL modem from Time Warner and a neatgear router. Recently every time I want to get on the internet I have to restart the router and then it w… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I need an external drive to backup my content but I also need
I need an external drive to backup my content but I also need a good wireless router for my devices. I have a 27 inch iMac, iPhone, iPad, HP Envy Printer. I'm currently having trouble w/ my wireless r… read more
Mac Genius,
I am having trouble with my internet connection. My internet
I am having trouble with my internet connection. My internet provider is Comcast. They were here yesterday and said everything was working from their end. Signal is being put out from their modem. Eve… read more
Mac Tech
Mac Tech
Apple Specialist,
I cannot get online with my Macbook Pro-problem happened suddenly
I cannot get online with my Macbook Pro-problem happened suddenly this afternoon. Comcast/Cable Modem/Linksys Router-tried re-booting all-no help.… read more
Mac Genius,
I have a Mac G4 running OX 10.3 and OS9 (dual boot config).
I have a Mac G4 running OX 10.3 and OS9 (dual boot config). I access the internet mostly through my PC connected to a cable modem. I would like to occasionally send and receive e-mail on my Mac but wh… read more
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
I am about to give my daughter a macbook, and want to install
I am about to give my daughter a macbook, and want to install wireless service in our home...the choices are overwhelming...what would you recommend?… read more
Travis
Travis
Director of Design,
Have a new Airport Extreme and Time Warner cable modem. The
Have a new Airport Extreme and Time Warner cable modem. The first time I went through the setup it did not automatically populate the DNS server info and couldn't complete it. However, it was listed a… read more
Mac Genius,
Stop searching for answers—
Hi Have linksys wrt54gx4 srx 400. time warner cable modem
Hi Have linksys wrt54gx4 srx 400. time warner cable modem recently reset when time warner came and 'fixed' cable , as we were losing internet entry to house. Since then 2 apples and 1 pc Toshiba - see… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
I am unable to get on the internet with my MacBook. I have
I am unable to get on the internet with my MacBook. I have tywo different modems connected to the internet via cable and two different routers connected to them. When I try to connect I get "Request T… read more
Mac Genius,
I have an Airport Extreme, purchased earlier this month. My
I have an Airport Extreme, purchased earlier this month. My desktop pc is connected with an ethernet cable, and my printer and backup disk drive connected with USB cables. I operate my MacBook -- a ye… read more
Mac Genius,
i have been having problems for about 8 months now with my
i have been having problems for about 8 months now with my mac and my ISP... the minute i turn on my MAC or airport on my mac it drops my internet speed from 10megs to under 1 meg.. and ive had my ISP… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
I have been running a home network for a while, but recently
I have been running a home network for a while, but recently my Macbook OS X 10.5.7 cannot 'see' the Vista (Home Premium) PC on the same network. I can no longer connect to the relevant server via Fin… read more
TVGUY
TVGUY
Computer Technical Specialist,
Can I use my iMac computer with my Roadrunner cable provider
Can I use my iMac computer with my Roadrunner cable provider if I already have it set up for my Windows PCs?… read more
IEEE Datacommunication Engineer,