Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have just tried to update my daughters ipad on my laptop

to iOS5 and what it...
I have just tried to update my daughters ipad on my laptop to iOS5 and what it has done has deleted all of her information and installed everything from my ipad. How do I restore her information and delete mine
7/2/2012
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t worked or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Did you synced your daughter's iPad with iTunes before updating ?
yes, but the ipad was previously synced on another laptop

Connect your daughter's iPad to your Computer and open iTunes. Right Click on your iPad under Devices column in iTunes and select "Restore From Backup" from the popup menu. Select your daughter's iPad's backup point from the list that is prior to the update date and click Restore. That should restore all original contents back to your daugther's iPad.

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are 100% satisfied.

it does not show my daughters ipad, only mine
Do you have access to the "another laptop" ?
yes, but not the original laptop as this was done on her sons laptop who is in another country
If it is synced with any other computer, then do a Restore From Backup from that computer.
okay, but how do I now remove the current information on here. do I have to restore it to factory settings
Yes and this time, select Setup it as new iPad when you get the options to Setup it as New iPad or Restore from Backup after restoring it.
One final question, will we be able to restore the backup from the original laptop
Yes.
Thank you
Don't forget to rate my answer as 3 or more Faces/Stars if you are satisfied.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician