Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cannot receive details from a company via the internet. They

I cannot receive details from a company via the internet. They have asked if the browser is correct?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t worked or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Are you using Safari browser to access internet ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As far as I know ..yes.. I am not the best with computers?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Try another browser like Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla Firefox is advanced than Safari. You can give that a try. Click here : http://www.mozilla.org

Some websites are not compatible with Safari, but Firefox is compatible with all sites.

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are 100% satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have managed to obtain entry into UKPN as I have a password XXXXX user name. Once, I click on agree to the security the page holds. I click again and the same page shows.
UKPN IT believe that the MAC isn't allowing me to pas this point due to a 'pop' up problem or micro word problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, didn's work.. down loaded Frefox
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Did you tried it in Firefox ?

We can enable Popup in Safari and see if it works. In Safari, click on Safari menu and disable " Block Popup Windows" option.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have disabled pop ups - will try UKPN again
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still not able to access
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
We can run PC's Internet Explorer's engine on your Safari and see if it works.

First enable the Developer Menu (do it only one time)
  • Open Safari, click on Safari menu and click Preferences
  • From the Preferences window, select Advanced Tab
  • Turn on "Show Develop Menu in Menubar" checkbox
  • A 'Develop' menu will appear in the Menubar

Now do the following (do this everytime you open Safari, no need to change until you quit Safari)
  • Click on the Develop menu, select User Agent and from the submenu select "Internet Explorer"

Does that worked ?

Don't Rate my answer until you are 100% satisfied.