Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

To create an ibook the pictures go into a flipbook, which is

then sent on to Apple...
To create an ibook the pictures go into a flipbook, which is then sent on to Apple and converted to a softcover book and returned. I would like just the flipbook version I could keep on my computer. Any suggestions?

I have an iMac OS X, version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

Richard Cutler [email protected]
7/1/2012
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

Customer:

ok!

MacTechTrainer :

Now tell me if you would, when you refer to Flipbook

MacTechTrainer :

is that the iPad Apps purchase through iTunes?

Customer:

No. I don't have any iPad apps, only iPhoto on my computer.

MacTechTrainer :

Oh ok, so you are referring to the flip book per the iPhoto application and being converted into a Softcover book and sent back to you from Apple is this right?

Customer:

Yes. I would like just the flipbook to put on my computer.

MacTechTrainer :

Now that is an interesting prospect- allow me a few minutes to look into that for you

Customer:

OK.

MacTechTrainer :

one more quick question- you have a flipbook already set to go from within iPhoto already- but you are trying to use that copy before it goes to print with Apple is this also correct?

Customer:

Yes. Or have Apple bill me for converting my material to a flipbook instead of sending the softcover book to me. I just want the flipbook to be on my computer for future use.

MacTechTrainer :

Good point-

MacTechTrainer :

I am checking now to see if this is even possible-

MacTechTrainer :

so allow me a few minutes to look into possible options here

MacTechTrainer :

thanks!

Customer:

So--why doesn't Apple's marketing people see flipbooks as a new revenue stream. The system Apple has for making a flipbook is a breeze. I've tried other websites to convert material to flipbooks but they are terrible to use. I am only a graduate engineer. It must take a degree way beyond mine to make any of them work.

MacTechTrainer :

Not quite sure-- although it makes perfect sense regarding using flipbooks as a new revenue screen

MacTechTrainer :

but after checking the flipbook process within iPhoto- I am afraid there is no way to get the flipbook before publishing to Apple

MacTechTrainer :

this is due to the fact that flipbook feature is embedded in the application framework of iPhoto

MacTechTrainer :

and is intergrated in a way that it cannot be modified or altered

Customer:

Write the idea up for your suggestion box. Then, when Apple gets around to setting up flipbooks as a product, send me the first copy----for free.

MacTechTrainer :

No

MacTechTrainer :

you can though

MacTechTrainer :

we are not affiliated with Apple which is why I cannot

Customer:

How do I contact Apple?

MacTechTrainer :

all you have to do is go to http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Customer:

Thanks.

MacTechTrainer :

and you can let the Apple feedback team know your thoughts on using the flipbook as a revenue stream

MacTechTrainer :

which I actually like myself :)

MacTechTrainer :

great idea

Customer:

OK

MacTechTrainer :

if they did not have it set up in a proprietary manner they way flipbook is in iPhoto at present

MacTechTrainer :

Did you have more questions for me Richard?

MacTechTrainer :

I am here to help you as well I have the means and resources to do so

MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer