Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I have disabled my phone.....after I updated it...Help? Its

Customer Question

I have disabled my phone.....after I updated it...Help? It's an iPhone 3
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

Sorry to hear that your iphone is disabled....:(

Unfortunately, if you have forgotten the password, the only way to get out of it is to restore the iphone to factory settings.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Now, on the phone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

Your computer would now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the iphone now and finally, select the option "set up as a new iphone".

Let me know if you have any difficulty. Rate me only after we finish our conversation.

Thank you
Vinod