Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to set up my Ipad 2 but cant get past the selection

Customer Question
I am trying to set...
I am trying to set up my Ipad 2 but can't get past the selection of language, the only time I got anyfurther it asked me frtor net work information I do not know finally I am an 85 year old and possibly a bit slow on the up take
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
6/12/2012
Mac Support Specialist: MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

As a professional Mac technician, I like to take more of a personable, personal approach, toward helping any valued JustAnswer.com customers, I am fortunate to assist.

MacTechTrainer :

On that note, may I start by asking your first name?

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

George

MacTechTrainer :

Greetings to you George, again I am Terry, Sr. Mac Support Specialist, at your service sir!

MacTechTrainer :

Is this the 2nd time you have attempted to set up your iPad 2, only to have it stop at a certain point like thi?

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

Great, now can you help an old dodder to get his iPad 2 to start up, ?

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

Yes, what happens is it starts and get nto select the language and just sits nthere till it switches off.

MacTechTrainer :

Pleasure would be mine George.

MacTechTrainer :

Just a few questions if I may,

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

Sure fire away

MacTechTrainer :

thanks- First, is your iPad connected to a desktop computer or notebook computer that has the iTunes application installed?

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

Oops, now there is a thing I didn't know it had to be connected to anything, I can connect it to this laptop I am using now if that is OK

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

note, I dodn't use I tunes , does that matter ?

MacTechTrainer :

Yes- and I think this may be a step in the right direction for completing this iPad set up process for you George

MacTechTrainer :

I say this because iTunes, Apple's primary music and media application, is designed to allow you to import music, videos, podcasts, ebooks, audiobooks and so much more,

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

right I have plugged it into yhis lap top, now what ?

MacTechTrainer :

from the iTunes library into your iPad 2

MacTechTrainer :

furthermore it is very important in that iTunes will back up all of the data you do import into your iPad 2, each time you perform what is called a synchronization or importing, of your data from iTunes into your iPad 2 and back

MacTechTrainer :

So now,

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

sorry it is still blank do you wish me to switch on the i pad ?

MacTechTrainer :

I need to ask real quick, are you using a PC or Apple notebook?

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

no it is a dell studio 17

MacTechTrainer :

Disconnect the iPad 2 for the moment George

MacTechTrainer :

Good, I can help you with your Dell Studio 17, first

MacTechTrainer :

in regards to getting iTunes installed on the laptop first

MacTechTrainer :

then I will have you reconnect your iPad 2 back to your laptop

MacTechTrainer :

Let me get the link for you to download iTunes first sir.

MacTechTrainer :

Will be back in a moment

MacTechTrainer :

Just click this link below George, and I will help you get iTunes installed on your Dell

MacTechTrainer :

Do you need my assistance step-by-step in installing this iTunes program?

MacTechTrainer :

If so, let me start by providing you this great online instruction guide complete with screen shot pictures that show you exactly how to install iTunes on your Dell PC, step-by-step:

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

don.t know, have done as requested hope the donwnload is complete, do you want me to ckeck again that is is there ?

MacTechTrainer :

I would actually recommend from that point where you are now George, to click on the link I just provided

MacTechTrainer :

above, and follow the steps to successfully installing iTunes on your PC

JACUSTOMER-3gtit11p- :

seems all has got stuck again nothing has happened the pad is still sitting on language wselect

MacTechTrainer :

Have you already installed iTunes successfully George?

MacTechTrainer :

I need to make sure you have that program installed on your Dell first

MacTechTrainer :

I also wanted to make sure your iPad is disconnected from your PC for now

MacTechTrainer :

just until iTunes is fully installed and open. Then I can direct you when to reconnect your iPad 2

MacTechTrainer :

so please confirm for me at this time, were you successful in installing the iTunes program?

MacTechTrainer :

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean

MacTechTrainer :

the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work

MacTechTrainer :

diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*

MacTechTrainer :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacTechTrainer :

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

MacTechTrainer :

MacTechTrainer :

MacTechTrainer :

MacTechTrainer :

Please answer these researching questions I have submitted, as well as you are able to. Any answers to these questions I have asked you, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question for you.

MacTechTrainer :

I will be looking forward to your reply.

MacTechTrainer :

Thank you!

MacTechTrainer :

Regards,

MacTechTrainer :

sorry George!

MacTechTrainer :

Had an auto-script program type that above information in

MacTechTrainer :

please disregard

MacTechTrainer :

I see you are offline. When you are back online however, just reply back to this session, I will be alerted, whether I am online or off and will be able to assist you further. Please be sure to respond back - I really would like to help resolve your question!

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for posting your question, I look forward to assisting you shortly.

MacTechTrainer :

Regards,

MacTechTrainer :

-Terry ("MacTechTrainer")

MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer