Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I cant get into hulu or pandora on my apple. Can you help?

Customer Question
I can't get into hulu...
I can't get into hulu or pandora on my apple. Can you help? This is a new (couple of weeks) development...I used to be able to get into either. However, when I watched shows on Hulu, they would shut down mid-program.
Thanks, Kate
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
6/7/2012
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 5 years ago
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hello! My name is John, a self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

Can you please tell me what version of OS X you are running (Click Apple logo, choose About This Mac)?
Sorry, John. Not sure how to determine exactly which Mac I have. It is a white laptop, purchased in 2007.

Click the Apple logo in the top left of your screen and choose "About This Mac". It should list a version number.
Cool...Mac OS X 10.5.8
Thanks.

What error message or problem do you get when attempting to visit Hulu or Pandora?

something about needing a newer version of adobe.
Okay, please go to the following link.

Do you see an animated, rolling ball under Section 1?

Also, under section 2, what does it list for your Flash Player version?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

No, no rolling ball.
Okay.

What about under section 2, what does it list for your Flash Player version, if any?
Both section 1 & 2 are blank boxes.
Thanks.

Please click the following link. It should download the version of Flash supported by your current system:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_10.3_for_Mac_OS_X_10.4_-_10.5_(Intel)

It will download a file called "Install_flash_player_10_osx.dmg"

Once the file is downloaded, you may need to double-click to open it if Safari does not do it for you. This should mount a folder called "Flash Player" and inside you will find the installer "Install Adobe Flash Player.app".

Run the installer and it should load Flash Payer into your MacBook. If may ask you to quit all browser windows and restart your Mac.

Once the install is completed, return to the previously given link to see if the expected results are shown:

You may also wish to bookmark the link to our discussion to make it easier to return:
http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/6rh5d-can-t-hulu-pandora-apple-help.html

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid