DrQuickBooksQuicken
DrQuickBooksQuicken, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  As an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, 10% of my clients use Macs with a variety of Apple OS and software.
48038876

I am using QE for Mac OS 7 Lion.

I am using QE for Mac OS 7 Lion. Whenever I click on Spending Cloud or Category Summery and some other links under Reports, QE crashes and asks me to send in a crash report, which I did several times. What gives??
hi,

make sure to install to the latest Quicken --->>> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/patching/how-to-update-quicken/GEN82536.html

then try to repair your database

1. Click on File on the top menu bar, then select File Operations > Validate & Repair (In 2010 choose Validate).
  2. If you are currently in the data file you would like to validate, it will already be selected. If you want to validate a different file, then you will need to click Browse to locate that data file.
  3. Put a check next to Validate file.
  4. If you are experiencing investment-related issues, put a check next to Rebuild investing lots and Delete investing price history.
  5. Click OK.

try that out and see if it workout for you.

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
First of all there is no file operations or validate or anything like that on the menu bar. To the left of the screen is a menu with TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, REPORTS. Under TOOLS there is a list: Overview, Transactions, Scheduled Transactions, Last Download, Category Explorer, and Accounts Summary. If I click on Overview, QE crashes.
The other choices don't crash. Under REPORTS are the choices Spending Cloud, Category Summary, This Month, Last Month, Spending Over Time, Tax Schedule.
If I click on any of those except This Month and Last Month, QE crashes.
Now I attempted to update QE by going to the site you gave me. But it wants to know what version I have. I have QE 1.7.1 which is not listed.
Also on the top menu bar, under FILE, there is no File Operations. Therefore there is no Validate & Repair.
What it sounds like to me is you gave me instructions for fixing QE in Windows 7.
My operating system is MAC OS 7 LION. I do not accept your answer!
okay,

check this, open quickbooks essential

File
menu select Utilities and then select Verify Data
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Under the FILE menu, there is no choice UTILITIES! Therefore there is no choice to VERIFY DATA! YOU ARE NOT WORKING WITH A MACINTOSH COMPUTER!
im sorry.

let me opted out and open this question to other expert.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK Get me a Mac expert.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just gotten back online. I am willing to try one more expert, but it has to be one familiar with the MAC OS 7 and iMac computers.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Have you tried reinstalling the program? It sounds like the program is corrupted.
Experience: As an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, 10% of my clients use Macs with a variety of Apple OS and software.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already given feedback and a rating. Unfortunately, it went to CompExpert instead of DrQuickBooksnQuicken. He is the one who should get the $38.

Now, I am satisfied with the expert, DrQuickBooksnQuicken. His solution worked!
CompExpert kept giving me instructions for Windows 7. I have MacOS 7.

Everything is working fine, I'm done and I'm satisfied. Take my $38 and give it to somebody. And leave me alone, please. I will not reply to anymore e-mails.