Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a 32gb ipod that will not turn on last night i went

Customer Question
i have a 32gb ipod...
i have a 32gb ipod that will not turn on last night i went to charge it with a low batt it made its normal sound to charge showed the batt on the screen then got a light screen then went blank and will not turn on was bought as a gift in march
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/2/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 5 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You can reset your iPod and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPod will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Power button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself.

If that didn't worked, then connect it to your PC and then reset it.

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after we solved the problem
my computer says usb device not recongized
What does your iPhone shows now ?
blank will not turn on
Charge it for 20 minutes by plugging it to the outlet and then reset it
i just plugged in my pod again if this does work and i come back to your apple site will be charged again or will you stay on with me or can you call me
You won't be charged again. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me anytime you want.

Sorry I can't call you.
i am not good on computers so if i perss the bookmark star at the top of my screen that will bring me back to you
No...You have to open this page from your book***** *****st. An easy way is, just copy down the URL/Address of this page and get back to me via that URL. The URL Adress of this page is this : http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/6qqre-32gb-ipod-will-not-turn-last-night-went.html
ok ashik i clicked the bookmark starand then clicked done
Make sure it is added to the list...
it is added thank you i sure hope we get the little guy back in operation
I hope too. If it still not working, then put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade or Service Mode) Mode and restore it from iTunes on your computer. Follow the steps below to put your iPod to DFU Mode;
  • Connect the iPod to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPod Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank.
i will try this are you sure because when i plug in to the usb port it sayes usb device not recongized
Unless this is a hardware problem, It will work. Make sure you have latest iTunes installed on your computer : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
do you want to stay online i have itunes up
Try DFU Mode now. I will be here for the next 1 hour

still nothing press home and sleep/wake release button sleep/wake held home itunes did nothing nat verry happy
Sorry...but it seems like a hardware problem and you will have to take to the Apple Store. We've already tried all troubleshooting steps so far. I'm sorry I couldn't solve you problem, but this is something we can't fix online.

ok we all did try but i only had my pod since march 25 2012 i hope i do not have to pay for this online service but also not to pay for a hardware problem please give me a response either online now or could you excange this 3 month pod for a new replacement free of charge if you can not answer this now please send me an email at***@******.***
We are not Apple. This is JustAnswer, a paid support site. Since your iPod is under warranty take it to the Apple store and they will replace it for free.
ashik sorry for being a bit harsh but thank you very much but just a small qustion since i found out my pod was purchast from amazon willthis be honored for exchange also thank you for your time i think you might be on overtime but do i still have to pay for a problem that was notresolved
Sorry for the delay...Yes, you can replace it from Apple Store even if it is purchased from Amazon. Since I couldn't solve your problem, you don't have to pay

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician