CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

How can I delete an Iweb site which I cannot access from the

Customer Question

How can I delete an Iweb site which I cannot access from the application. It was created about three years ago before an HD crash on a computer I no longer own. Also before Icloud.

Address of site is http://web.mac.com/paulfishman/iWeb/Shannon%2028%20For%20Sale/Shannon%2028%20for%20Sale.html

Please advise.

Thank you.

Paul Fishman [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 5 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
To clean both homepage.mac.com and web.mac.com you simply go to your iDisk and delete all content in the /Sites-folder and the /Web/Sites-folder. This will also delete all web galleries (gallery.mac.com); if you would like to leave them, do not delete the /Web/Sites/_gallery-folder

JACUSTOMER-5cdfmtax- :

No joy! Tried to open web folder in Idisk but am getting error message about alias problem. Not sure what to do. Have changed password but it was not accepted. Need more help.

Expert:  Cynged replied 5 years ago.
Have you converted your MobileMe account associated with this site to iCloud yet.
go here and see if you can sign in.

www.me.com

if you still cannot click forgot password and reset it since idisk move to mobileme

there are more hints and troubleshooting tips from the link below

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1663

go to spotlight search type in disk utility, used disk utility and repair disk permission on the first aid tab

To access your iDisk using a web browser:

1. Go to iDisk at me.com/idisk, and sign in using your Apple ID email address and password.

If you’re already signed in to a different application at me.com, switch to iDisk.

2. To view a file, select it in the sidebar, and then click a folder to navigate to other folders or files.

Important: Make sure to use a recommended browser.

To access your iDisk from the Mac OS X Finder:

1. From the Finder, choose Finder > Preferences.

2. In the General pane, make sure “Connected servers” is selected below “Show these items on the desktop.”

3. Choose Go > iDisk > My iDisk.

Your iDisk appears (or mounts) on your desktop, and you can work with it as you would any other hard disk.

You can also access your iDisk directly from a Save or Open window in Mac OS X applications (but not Classic applications) or by clicking the iDisk icon in a Finder window sidebar.

you can also access idisk by download idisk app at apple store