Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Safari wont connect. What should be in IMAP Path Prefix b

Customer Question

Safari won't connect. What should be in IMAP Path Prefix box?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You are using the Apple Mail application. Right ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am using Safari
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Are you accessing your Yahoo email from Safari ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Where you are seeing this " IMAP Path Prefix box" ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Safari, preferences, accounts, advanced
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I think you are using Apple Mail application, not Safari. You are accessing the Yahoo email by clicking the postage stamp like application. Right ?

When did this problem started ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You are using Apple Mail. In Mail, goto Mail menu and select Preferences. In Preferences, click on Accounts tab. Select your Yahoo account. Click Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): drop down and Click Edit SMTP Server List button. In there, click Advanced tab and chnage the Authentication option to Password. Click OK and Restart Mail. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This was set on "Password"
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
When did this problem started ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've been having problems for a couple days. It first asked me for a password XXXXX yahoo mail. Of course it had been a couple months so I didn't know password, so requested to change it, which I have done with Yahoo. I have also tried to initiate iCloud with my iPhone (yesterday) so thought this may have something to do with it so I have deleted the iCloud account from the phone. Don't know where else to look.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Try deleting the account from Preferences and add it back. Let me know if that didn't worked
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Open Mail Preferences, click on Account tab. Select your Yahoo account and click the - icon in the bottom left corner. Then add it back by pressing the + icon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, removed and re-installed mail account. Checked, and reset yahoo password. Checked mail on-line, but continue to get this on the Mac;
The Yahoo! IMAP server “imap.mail.yahoo.com” rejected the password XXXXX user “[email protected]

Now what?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Click on Window menu and select Connection Doctor and run it. Let me know the results
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Started working before last answer. I quit and fre-started mail, entered password XXXXX more time and now all appears to be working. thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I'm glad you got it working again :)