Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPod shows a screen with tghe usb pointing to the itunes

Customer Question

My iPod shows a screen with tghe usb pointing to the itunes logo. it will not let me do anything. when I tried to hook it up to my itunes on the computer, itunes said that it was in recovery mode and that I must restore it. I dont know how or why it went into recovery mode but I do not want to restore it and lose all my data and music on my ipod. what do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.

Can you press and hold both the Power button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check?

But unfortunately, sometimes the device software gets corrupted, so you have to restore. Did you sync previously with your computer? If so, then you can always restore your data and music, and/or you can always redownload your purchased content after restore:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

Please let me know. Thank you.