Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am not receiving any new emails through my gmail account

since 8:22 AM this morning...
I am not receiving any new emails through my gmail account since 8:22 AM this morning. I cannot delete any emails in my inbox and there is a yellow message box under the Chat section (which I never use) saying "unable to reach Gmail. Please check your internet connection or company's network settings" I used the help button for that item and have done everything that they said and still not receiving any emails. However, I am able to send new emails. I have verified that my internet access is fine. HELP!
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2012
Windowspcfix
Windowspcfix, Consultant

Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can I remote on and have a look at your issue ?

Cheers James

I am communicating from a different computer. The computer we are having trouble with is our laptop computer.

No problem

Can you tell me what Email program your using to connect to Gmail ,

Windows live mail, Outlook , or just using a web browser to log in ?

Just using Safari web browser to log in
I am on a MAC laptop

Ok thanks

I will send this to the Mac Section , Cheers James

Mac Specialist
Mac Specialist, Mac Specialist
Hi Welcome to JustAnswer.com

I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Is the computer having issue near you?
Yes. I am now receiving my emails, but still have the other two problems.
Can I check remotely please?
Sure. How do we do that?
Open safari in that computer, type this address:

http://tinyurl.com/JAREMOTE178

Press return, agree and run the tool
I have tried to do that 4 times and it doesn't recognize it.
transferring you to mac category, thanks.
I keep getting a screen that says no active sessions and that my expert may have terminated session.
Are you there?
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Greetings,

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Hi Jason. Thanks. XXXXX still need help. My emails are now coming in but I still cannot see my gmail tool bar that lets me delete gmails and I still have that error message showing up under the chat section.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=ccd0f88d-9566-43a7-9285-53b25ee1f149&SUPPORT=OSX

Jason. I rebooted. Are you there?
I have to leave for a meeting in 10 minutes. How do I get back with you later if you can't get this finished in 10 minutes?

Please, click the remote link again and allow it to run.

You can test and see if the Google Chat is working now. If it is not, we can continue later. Just come back to this page and continue communication here with me.

Thank you.
Hi Jason. I have to leave for my meeting and no the problem with the Chat and the delete issue are still not resolved. I will contact you when I get back later today. Thanks.

Thank you.

Hi Jason. Are you there? I was hoping you could finish fixing my email problem from yesterday. I still cannot delete any emails, don't have my tool bar to do underlining, etc. and the chat doesn't work. Thanks.

Hi. Are you there?

I am here and will be for the next eight hours.

Please, post a message here when you are ready to continue.
Hi Jason. Sorry I had to leave earlier. Do you have time now to work on the email problems?
Yes, I do.

Are you available for the remote link right now?
Hi. I am ready.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=d798628e-aefa-4722-b944-efbdc32bd53c&SUPPORT=NET

The link has expired.

My day begins tomorrow at 3am (PST).

Hi Jason. Can we set up a time (EST) for tomorrow (Monday) to jump back on this? Thanks so much.

I will be available all day tomorrow.

Please, post a message here when you are ready to click the remote link. Upon receiving your response, I will post a new link.

Thank you.
Thanks Jason. I will touch base with you tomorrow.
Thank you.
Hi Jason. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am still having the same problem with my gmail. Can you work on it today?

Yes, I can.

May I send you the remote link on this page, in approximately 25 minutes?
That would be great. Thanks so much.

I am sorry, this is taking longer than expected.

Will you still be available in 30 minutes?
Yes.

Thank you for your patience.

Let's try this:

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Open Safari
- In the top menu bar, click Safari
- Click EMPTY CACHE
- Click the Empty button
- In the top menu bar, click Safari again
- Click Reset Safari
- Reset

Please, verify that the last two problems are gone now.

More often than not, such an issues arises when something with the Safari configuration becomes corrupt. The instructions above will remove the corruption. The instructions above can be used any time in the future if you have another problem with Safari.
Jason, it didn't work.
I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Thanks for trying. When will I hear from another expert?
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Hi. YEs I still need a solution to my gmail problem. I will wait to hear back from your expert. Thanks

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

OK thanks.

Hello again,

I am sorry to hear that nobody jumped in to help.

May I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Yes that would be great. Thanks.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=f4c9e470-bd69-40ae-976b-c20b47f840c7&SUPPORT=NET

Did I lose you when the computer restarted?
You may click the green ACCEPT ANSWER button on the bottom right of your screen now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Jason Jones, Mac Technician