Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

I have 338 tabs open. mac is slow . howdo I close these ta

I have 338 tabs open. mac is slow . howdo I close these tabs?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Open Safari

Hold down the option key and choose File in the top left and Close other Tabs

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The problem is the same. When I click home page it looks like Safari is trying to load all my bookmarks at once.
Click on Safari in the top left and choose Preferences

Click on General. Make sure New web page opens with and new tab opens with is set to Homepage

Delete what is listed as your homepage and re-type it or put in any website as your homepage here.

Click on the red circle in the top left to close.

Quit Safari and see how it works now

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That did not seem to do anything. Safari tries to open all bookmarks when I click homepage button.
Lets delete the Safari preference file.

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock.

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences.

Delete the file called com.apple.Safari.plist
Deleting this file resets your default home page when starting Safari.
To reset this, Do the following:
Start Safari
Click Safari in the top left and choose preferences
Click General Tab and type in what you would like your default home page to be next to Home