Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an iBook G4 with itunes that worked for older generation

Customer Question
ipod shuffle. Just purchased...
I have an iBook G4 with itunes that worked for older generation ipod shuffle. Just purchased a new ipod classic how do I get it to work, I get a popup saying I need itunes9 or better. When I tried to download latest itunes not sucessful. (computer skills primitive at best.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: CompExpert, Mac Specialist replied 5 years ago
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

CompExpert :

hi,
unfortunately, the new ipod devices required the latest itunes software to sync because latest itunes have driver support your new ipod classic.

new itunes required faster computer and the latest osx operating system.

there are no workaround method for it.

you have to buy a new computer or find another computer in your house and install itunes in there.

CompExpert :

great news go here and download itunes 9 for mac ---->>> http://tinyurl.com/mqs59t

CompExpert :

try to download itunes 9 and install it

CompExpert :

then sync your ipod classic again

CompExpert :

as a reminder using old itunes with new ipod classic. you might encounter some bugs

CompExpert :

but give it a try

CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist