Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi, my mac internal microphone has stopped working, when i

Customer Question
try to skype no one...
Hi, my mac internal microphone has stopped working, when i try to skype no one caan hear me or when i try to record a photo booth video, the video plays but without sound. Please help
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: CompExpert, Mac Specialist replied 5 years ago
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

CompExpert :

hi,
go system preferences ---->> sound ---->>> input tab, select your internal mic, test it to see if the volume bar go up and down.

make sure is not muted, slide the bar all the way to the right side

if your internal mic doenst show up in the input tab, then yes your internal microphone is defective because the system doesn't even recognize it.

your other option is to buy a external mic

CompExpert :

and used it

CompExpert :

external mic cost under $10 at any local computer store

Customer:

yes it is moving up and down now it was selected under line in

CompExpert :

thats great

CompExpert :

test your skype or photo booth again

Customer:

IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK

Customer:

?

CompExpert :

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

CompExpert :

download and install audacity

CompExpert :

is a recording software

CompExpert :

and test it

Customer:

my photo booth now picks it up

CompExpert :

great

CompExpert :

that mean is working again

CompExpert :

:)

CompExpert :

please click accept and have a great day

Customer:

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH

CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist