Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

I recently changed my email address, therefore I had to

Customer Question

I recently changed my email address, therefore I had to change my iPad "ID"......I have done that, and now when I try to go to the apps to update,it still brings up my old email for an "ID" not my new sign-in email address with new password. I have spent over a day, trying to get it straightened out, it will not change and I can't sign in!!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

In order to download apps you must have a registered Apple ID as you may already know.
When you download a app it's then associated to that Apple ID. Unfortunately you cannot transfer the app to the new Apple ID. What I recommend you do is uninstall the app or apps then go to the app store and re-download under the new Apple ID.
If you want to restore the iPad to factory settings and wipe all of the apps and content please reply back and I will provide instructions.
You can then re-sync the iPad through iTunes for any music and videos you have stored.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot spend another full day deleting all of my purchased apps. The "
change ID or change PW kept letting me change but everytime I try to "sign" in , my old email address comes up and with all the change PW's I've done, I really have no idea by now, it tells me not to use any previous one----I've run out of ideas, and still cannot get into the apps store!!!! you are not helping me at all
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
read what I just wrote to you about not deleting all of my "purchased apps" and there are many of them you have not solved anything for me.
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
Were your purchased apps all under a different Apple ID then your current one>
Are you able to access the email address which your original Apple ID was registered to?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO
Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
You "cannot" transfer paid apps to another Apple ID, Apple doesn't allow you to do so.. You need to regain access to your original Apple ID log into the account through the web portal then change the email address registered to the account. The apps are associated to your original ID and every time you try to update it will pull up your original ID and it cannot be changed.

Click here>>>Apple ID Login

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You need to regain access to your original Apple ID log into the account through the web portal then change the email address registered to the account..........................

"what do you think I've been trying to do????? I'm telling you it won't allow me to update the apps on ANY account......of all the "change P.words".....it still will not allow me, no matter what password ***** email I use....I have no problem still keeping my orig email address with iPad.....but after I keep changing it.....it keeps tellimg me, it's "INCORRECT"..........

Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
You might have locked the account with all the changes passwords and attempted log ins.

First try to reset password ***** link provided below, once you have the password ***** to log into your Apple ID from the website the link is also below.

Click here>>>Apple ID Reset

Click here>>>Apple ID Login
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ihave accepted the "2nd" changed ID...and have changed once more.

When it tells me to sign in with the password, the "old" email address keeps coming up!

Only heaven knows which password ***** used, none of the new ones work. you would think after I have changed the ID to sign in with the new email address, that it shouldn't be bringing up the old one constantly! You don't seem to be helping, it appears a waste of good money....

Expert:  Cris replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out and open the question to other experts who might be able to further assist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing is solving my problem....something is Wong with the email address ....it will not change to the new one or allow me to use a password
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HELP................since no one can solve the problem, or help me to sign in, do not take $$$$ for doing nothing, just as the site says....I must be satisfied....I simply cannot take this much time for no helpful response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am in an awkard position, and cannot stay online forever. IF, you do find an answer that will allow me to upate these many "purchased" apps with my new email address, then email me at that address!!!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A I stated, when you get an ans., email me, I do not live he"re online"
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!