Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

have i mac and just replaced wireless mouse with new magic

Customer Question

have i mac and just replaced wireless mouse with new magic mouse, scroll function doesnt work, dont know what to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Go to System Preferences / Mouse try changing the scrolling speed. Let me know.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Also try System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad tab > Mouse Options.. button > check Scrolling.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have done this, the only otions I have Is tracking speed and double clck speed
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you miss this post?

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike I am sorry not finding mouse or trackpad options just spent $70 for this mouse am taking it back and getting old style mouse with scroll ball.Thanks for your help but very frustrated
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you look in System Preferences / Universal Access? Try this:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32876/wireless-mouse-software-update
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike did not have same options as you did when I went to systems preferences and went to universal access to scroll option. Do I get charge $58 eveytime I ask a question ? My account has been debted $58 still cant get scroll to work? I dont want to pay anymore for this service, but if Ive paid $58 I want my scroll function to work. Frustrated
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No you don‘t have to pay more. Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and run that, install any updates listed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike that did it scroll function working, thank you very much! Have you been paid or do I have to hit accept again. I dont want to be charged twice, but I do want you to get paid
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No wer are good thanks.