Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Having trouble re configuring my Brother HL2170W printer to

Customer Question
print over newly secure wifi...
Having trouble re configuring my Brother HL2170W printer to print over newly secure wifi channel. Can you help?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 5 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Try restarting your WiFi router, let me know if it shows up.
Did that.
OK are you sure your WiFi network SSID is not hidden? Can you see it in the list on the Mac when you go to the Airport icon?
Yes. ThisUser 502
Is the WiFi network 802.11 b/g compatible? If so unplug ther printer from power for a few minute then try it again.
Yes. ThisUser 502

Ok. Giving it a try.
k
No luck
Did you setup the network are you sure b/g compatibility is turned on?
I think it is but how to I check. (Linskys)
I would have to look up the manual. What model? I would first try downloading the latest setup software for your system instead of using the software on the disk:

http://www.brother-usa.com/downloads/default.aspx?PGID=2#.T6AWBe3ZBUE
WRT54G
OK try the software first. Let me know
New download requires a computer restart. That means We'll disconnect
Bookmark this page.
I
Ok. Give it a try.
Let me know. In the setup for the router under:

Wireless Network

The basic settings for wireless networking are set on this
screen.
Wireless Network Mode From this drop-down menu,
you can select the wireless standards running on your
network. If you have both 802.11g and 802.11b devices
in your network, keep the default setting, Mixed. If you
have only 802.11g devices, select G-Only. If you have
only 802.11b devices, select B-Only. If you do not have
any 802.11g and 802.11b devices in your network, select
Disable.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Mike, Mac Medic
What to do after restart? Printer still not printing
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Accept Answer button pushed by accident. Still waiting for further help.
???
You Relisted so I was not notified. Did you try connecting it to the network again using the new setup software?
I'll try.
OK let me know
Looks like we have lift off. The print cue just emptied. I'm trying a single document to be sure. Looks like it is printing! Finally! thanks for the help!
Great!!
Mike, Mac Medic