Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

I downloaded the Thunderbird we.o.1.dmg app because I got a

I downloaded the Thunderbird we.o.1.dmg app because I got a message that Thunderbird wouldn't work anymore after the end of April. Now the app won't open and I can't find my email files or old Thunderbird account.

If you must respond by email, please send [email protected] since I can't get to my emails in Thunderbird. Thanks.
--Carolyne B
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Unfortunately the new thunderbird won't work on that system. Thunderbird 3.1 is the newest that will work.

Click on the face icon on the left-hand side of the dock
Click on Go at the very top and choose Applications
Drag Thunderbird to the trash

Click the link below and download to download thunderbird.

http://wikisend.com/download/156136/Thunderbird 3.1.dmg

Open the dmg file and drag thunderbird into the folder with an A on it.

Then go into the Applications folder and open thunderbird.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have followed your instructions and was able to pull up the older Thunderbird program and get my emails and address book back. Thank you.
However, I don't know where to file, store or delete the two additiThunderbird 3.1.dmg. Both seem to have that dual box with the icon for the Thunderbird app and the Application box that I had to use when downloading the information and then while moving it to the applications folder. Do I keep these two files and where should they be stored?
--Carolyne B
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
You can move those dmg files to the trash. After you log off or restart, then empty the trash