Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I heard there was a spy ware program that used an Adobe popup

Customer Question
claiming it was an update...
I heard there was a spy ware program that used an Adobe popup claiming it was an update to Adobe. Anyone installing it also installed the spy ware. I have had that popup appear on my computer. As far as I know, none of the family has activated it for upload. However...

The question I have is two fold:

1) if someone did upload it, does Apple have a fix for it?

2) is there some way I can tell whether or not that spy ware program in active on my Mac?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You can scan your computer with your antivirus/security program, if any.

But what kind of Adobe product? Is it Adobe Reader or Adobe flash player? etc.?

Thank you.
I don't think you have the answer that will help me with my issue if you are not even aware of the spy ware issue.

So just void this transaction and I'll try elsewhere.
Sorry, I know this Adobe update spyware, and I know this spyware update issue not only occurs with Adobe, but other programs also. Please let me know if you'd like to continue. Thank you.
I do not wish to continue
OK, I will cancel this. If you need help later, just let us know. Thank you.
Mike, Mac Medic