Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.
45006406

Down loaded an "update" for MS Office for Mac 2011 and Outlook

Down loaded an "update" for MS Office for Mac 2011 and Outlook won't open. Daemon? Help? Please?

Sergio A. :

Hi, my name is Sergio. Thanks for allowing me to help you. Have you tried removing the update?

Customer:

How do I do that?

Sergio A. :

Stand by while I get you instructions

Customer:

Thank you. This is a most frustrating day.

Customer:

???

Sergio A. :

Sorry to hear that. I'm still getting instructions for you. I don't have my Mac with me to walk you through it

Sergio A. :

Do you have access to the installation files for Office?

Customer:

HUH? This is an Ask a Mac question, get an answer...how does that work that you don't have a Mac?

Sergio A. :

We provide support for all types of computer problems. I have a Mac, but it is not in the same place I am. Not to worry, if I can't help you then another expert can jump in

Sergio A. :

Do you have the installation files?

Customer:

I haven't a clue. The menu says "To open Outlook, first delete the daemon from the Startup items, and then restart the computer."

Customer:

The header says "An older version of the Microsoft Database Daemon is running"

Sergio A. :

Try this Launch /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor. In this application, you can search for an Outlook daemon and use the Quit button to quit it. The try to launch outlook again

Customer:

Ok Now it's saying the upgrade process might take a long time...I don't have a choice, it's either do the upgrade or not....should I upgrade?

Customer:

?? You there?

Sergio A. :

sorry, I stepped away. Yes, follow the process

Customer:

OK - this is awful. That's not your real picture is it?

Sergio A. :

sorry. Yes, it is my real picture. Why do you ask?

Customer:

It's a nice picture. Wish my Outlook worked again. I'll never download another update from Microsoft.

Sergio A. :

Thank you. It was my best friend's wedding. Is the update still working? This is a common problem, so I'm confident we'll get it resolved

Customer:

Nice...I don't know what you look like for real but the thumbnail is flattering. All sorts of "updates" are going on...what a nightmare. I thought this was just like all the others, download the update and go..

Sergio A. :

Thanks. I wish it worked better in my online dating experiments...I usually get propositioned from not so flattering ladies. Well the updates can be a good thing. Hopefully it will fix all of the components and you will be back in Outlook soon.

Customer:

Ahhh, such is life. Propositions are usually disappointing, at least I've found life that way. But, it is hard to be lonely, especially when Microsoft screws things up..

Sergio A. :

ha. I am alone, but generally not lonely

Customer:

Much humming from my MacBook but Outlook has returned. Curses on Microsoft and a million bows to you for finally fixing my problem. Are you in the US?

Sergio A. :

That's great news! Yes, I am located near Philadelphia

Customer:

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX friend. I am just north of New York and, given how you have helped me today, I would be happy to help you. Alas, I am not terribly computer literate, as you might have guessed. But, I believe you have my email...what do I need to do to appreciate the help tonight?

Sergio A. :

I do not have your email, but you thank you for working with me. Please bookmark my profile for all your future technology needs.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-sergioa/

Thanks Again!

Sergio

Customer:

Bravo. Thank you.

Customer:

The website failed...

Sergio A. :

The only thing left for you to do is click the Accept button so that I am compensated. The link did not work?

Customer:

Nope. the link failed. I'll accept now and wish you all the best. My email [email protected] Check in with me there someday. Thank you