Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have accidentally deleted all the music & contacts from my iphone! Can I get them ba

I have accidentally deleted all the music & contacts from my iphone! Can I get them back? & how do i do it? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.

Do you have backups for your iPhone?

Did you have your iphone synced with a computer previously?

Do you have iCloud enabled on the iPhone?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for coming back. Last night was the first time i had ever connected my i-phone to my pc!!! I have just up-graded to an i-phone 4s and i was trying to transfer all the data - but managed to lose it all!!! I don't understand all the termiology such as "Sync" or "Back-up" or "Restore" etc - I am a complete novice!! I am pretty sure I restored the phone back to it's original settings, as my daughter wants the phone but i thought i had saved all the data on to my computer first - but obiously not!! Can you help?
With the iPhone connected to the PC, in iTunes, can you right-click on the iPhone device on the left and restore?

And/or go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and restore from backup?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Trying that now......???!!!!
Yes, please try now and let me know later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry - still no good. Any other suggestions?
Did you have your iPhone synced to any other computer previously? Did you have iCloud enabled previously? What happens when you try to restore from iCloud? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No - no computer previously. Did not have icloud previously either. Have not tried to restore from icloud? Don't know how?
From the iPhone, can you go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and check? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No - no "icloud" option on iphone?
Scroll down and check.

Also, with the iPhone connected to the PC, in iTunes, can you right-click on the iPhone device on the left and restore, then what happens? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nope! Already tried that! I must have backed-up AFTER I hade deleted all the information!! Am I screwed?
I'm sorry, it looks like so. You can check with apple store to see if they can recover from the device:
http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Also, later, I suggest to update your iPhone,
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
, so you can set up iCloud on your iphone, so that your iPhone will be synced to the Apple server:
http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/
; you can check with the Apple store about iCloud.

Thank you.