Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

this question is for james sr mac support expert: i keep

Customer Question
this question is for james...
this question is for james sr mac support expert:

i keep getting a message that there is a problem with javascript whenever i visit email services like hotmail using the proxy amazoxy.info:
JavaScript required to sign in

Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help.

what do i do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

James is offline. I can help you.

Do you use Safari?

Thank you.
no, i use firefox.

id like to add that the proxies iwebproxy and 2btopproxy both dont even allow me to visit hotmail, they turn out this message:

Sorry, this proxy does not allow the requested site (hotmail.com) to be viewed.
no, i use firefox.

i would also like you to confirm an assertion from james himself: paying for a client based proxy like hotspot shield or anonymizer universal doesn't make using the proxy less anonymous to police investigation and neither does the fact that its locally installed (as opposed to web-based which is not locally installed)
Sorry, I'm not sure about this issue, let me open your question to other experts. Thank you.
Mac Support Specialist: James, Sr. Mac Support Expert replied 5 years ago
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert

Try to use Internet Explorer and tell me if it works please.

Also -in the future, when you open new threads and want me - make the beginning of the questions: "FOR JAMES ONLY! "

And use this link to request me (save it in your favorites)

http://bit.ly/JamesJustAnswer
wait, i first have to download internet explorer!
You can also try it with Chrome (www.google.com/chrome).

J.
i just went to hotmail using chrome and amazoxy and i got this message, (the same message):
JavaScript required to sign in

Thank you.

This basically means the proxy doesn't properly transmit and receive the calls made by javascript - you won't be able to use those websites with those proxies.

A tunnel-type client such as Anoni-universal should work, though.
You can remove the checkbox "remove scripts" under the address in amazoproxy - though I think it won't help in this case.
just so you know, when i go to aol.com using amazoxy.com on chrome and then go to mail section of aol.com, i get this message:
Whoops... Sign-in to this site requires JavaScript. You are either using a browser that does not support JavaScript or has JavaScript disabled. For more information, please visit our Help article.

do you know of any web-based proxies that CAN access email like hotmail and aol mail?, because id like to use two proxies together (hotspot and a web-based proxy for added anonymity).
Should i try downloading internet explorer to see if it makes a difference, because it doesn't seem like it should be something wrong with the proxy, it seems like its a complex javascript problem!
IE won't make a difference.
I don't think any proxy will work with that - but let me do some research.
I'm not finding any anonimizers that will work with hotmail - only software ones (client installed on your PC).

I did find an email server that combines an anonimizer, it might be of interest:

https://www.anonymousspeech.com/Default.aspx

J.

I spent a couple of days testing Hotspot shield as we agreed. I couldn't re-create the symptoms you describe, but I now know that the yellow icon means the service is conencting, or re-establishing the VPN tunnel. While it is doing so, your browser is not communicating theorugh the hotspot server, but rather is going out directly, so you are not protected.

Thanks,

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert