Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
If you are very fortunate only the top case will need replacing, if the beer got inside (sounds like it did) then the machine is toast.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there it is.
Beer and computers do not play nice together, sparks fly and the logic board is destroyed.
The good news is the hard drive is most likely OK, that means that all your data like music, photos, etc are OK and can be recovered.
Have a good Apple tech pull the hard drive and test it, depending on how much beer was ingested you stand a good chance of recovering the hard drive, the rest is good only for parts. Unless you want to install new insides.
Sorry but that is the truth of the matter.