Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Re: my ipad... All of a sudden (it had worked an hour

Customer Question

Re: my ipad... All of a sudden (it had worked an hour before) I am unable to connect to my linksys. Wheel twirls and then message comes up saying it cannot connect to my wifi. Darn. What is going on. My desktop works fine on it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 years ago.

From the ipad home screen, please tap Settings > General, then tap Reset > Reset Network Settings, then reconnect.

If it does not work, please let me know. If it works, please click on Accept. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Box came up saying "unable to join the network linksys"
Please press and hold the Power button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Then reconnect and check.

If that doe snot work, were you able to reset the network settings on the iPad? What type of security you have on the router? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please press and hold the Power button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Then reconnect and check. DID AND NO LUCK>

If that does not work, were you able to reset the network settings on the iPad? I DID WHAT YOU SAID SO I ASSUME SO. What type of security you have on the router? NO IDEA... Thank you.

Sorry, can you go to the website http://192.168.1.1/ and login with the username blank (don't type anything) and the password ***** admin
(if you cannot login, enter admin for the user name also).
Then click on the Wireless -> Wireless Security option and check the security mode option? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Clicked on Wireless... then Security. Window says Firewall Protection and enable button is activated.

Please do not click on Security, but click on Wireless, then click on Wireless Security. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Security Mode: Disable

Can you go back to the Wireless option, then change the wireless network mode to G only or N only, then save? thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Changed to G only...

OK, after saving it, can you connect? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO! Drat....
Sorry, are you able to connect the iPad to your neighbor's wireless? thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
None listed
Are you able to connect the iPad to any other wireless place? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not aware of any available.

Frustration is that it was working fine two hours ago.

Please reset the router: make sure the router has power, then use a paper clip to press & hold the tiny reset hole/button located on the back/bottom of the router for 10 seconds. Then wait a few minutes, then reconnect and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll be knocked offline with you if I do that. How do I get back to this thread??
You can leave this web page open, and/or you can add to favorites this web page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will I get YOU (Viet-Mac Tech) back??

Wish I felt secure about this.... If I have to start from scratch again I'll be .... I'll be.... well, you can fill in the blank.

Don't worry, this web page will get back to me (Viet - Mac Tech) directly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to seem dumb about this, but should I leave computer on and online while I do that? Or turn it off?
Don't worry about anything; you can ask me any question. Yes, please leave the computer on/online. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here goes............
ok, thanks.