Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hello, I am looking for help with syncing my ipad 2 with some

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking for help...
I am looking for help with syncing my ipad 2 with some pics I just loaded into my iphoto account on my mac desktop. When I try ti sync it to the ipad 2, it tells me that it doesn't have enough room byte wise to sync my itunes, but there is nothing mentioned about iphoto. I have alot of photos already..approx. 8,000- so I am not sure how I can add more and how to sync it to my ipad. Can you help?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
2/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: CompExpert, Mac Specialist replied 5 years ago
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

ComputerCare1199 :

hi

ComputerCare1199 :

you might have a 16gb ipad 2

ComputerCare1199 :

and in your iphoto is more than the space you have on your ipad 2

ComputerCare1199 :

you can either go into iphoto and take out as much photo as you can so it would fit

ComputerCare1199 :

or buy a bigger space ipad 2

Customer: How do I take out pics of I photo and how many will I need to take out before this will work?
ComputerCare1199 :

plug your ipad in open itunes

ComputerCare1199 :

you will see a bar at the bottom

ComputerCare1199 :

showing how much space you have left

ComputerCare1199 :

that will let you know if you have enough space storage or not

ComputerCare1199 :

http://smallimage.en.softonic.com/mac <-------- this software will help you reduce your photo size

ComputerCare1199 :

that will help you out too

Customer: A notice popped up on my iTunes that reads my iPad cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library..additional 4.99 GB required......how does this effect iPhoto? The bottle bar reads 2,618 songs, 11.10 GB. What to do next?
ComputerCare1199 :

the total for your ipad can store is about 14gb

ComputerCare1199 :

if you add all the stuff you have on your ipad, music, pictures and apps

ComputerCare1199 :

it will be more than 14gb

ComputerCare1199 :

will not fit in the space available on ipad

ComputerCare1199 :

you can reduce your songs, apps or photo

ComputerCare1199 :

so all of those combine will not be more than 14gb

ComputerCare1199 :

the bar on itunes will let you know

Customer: Do I need to reduce the amount on my desktop, or can I reduce what has already been synced on my iPad? If I can reduce the amount directly on my iPad, how is this done.? Or...can I select what will be synced onto the iPad and what will not be synced?
ComputerCare1199 :

you do it in your computer

ComputerCare1199 :

after that

ComputerCare1199 :

sync again

ComputerCare1199 :

itunes will automatically reduce the size for you

ComputerCare1199 :

so in your music library in itunes

ComputerCare1199 :

remove some music

ComputerCare1199 :

also in picture folder

ComputerCare1199 :

remove some pictures

ComputerCare1199 :

and try to sync again

ComputerCare1199 :

if itunes still telling you about not enough space

ComputerCare1199 :

you need to keep removing more song and picture

ComputerCare1199 :

until itunes okay to sync it

ComputerCare1199 :

you need to take out 5gb of song or picture

Customer: Okay thank you I will let you know if this worked!
ComputerCare1199 :

sure

CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist