Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an IPad 2 and my camera will not open. What do I need

Customer Question
I have an IPad 2...
I have an IPad 2 and my camera will not open. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 6 years ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Please try to perform a power reset.

Press and hold the home button(front of iPad) and the top button both down at the same time. Hold until the apple logo appears, wait 1-2mins to reach the home screen. Test your issue and let me know the outcome.
I completed the power off and rechecked camera and no change. Still not functioning.
How are you trying to access the camera through what app?
I have always been able to access camera by touching my camera on main menu page. When I go into photo shop I can take face pictures of myself, but the front camera will not open.
Just to clarify you are attempting to open the camera through the photoshop app on the iPad and can't?

Also when attempting to open through camera app is doesn't open either?
Yes face camera opens with photo booth, but nothing will open the front camera.
Have you updated your iPad to the most updated OS.

You can plug the iPad to the computer and open iTunes click on update to check.
I have not done an update for about a month. I will try that now.
OK, yes please try updating the iPad and let me know the outcome.
Completed update and said IPad had newest updates. No change in results.
OK, at this point I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open the question to other experts who maybe able to further assist you.
Will another expert contact me?
Yes, they will.
I have not heard from another expert? Will someone be contacting me soon?
Relist: Other.
None of the expert suggestions helped my problem.
Mac Support Specialist: CompExpert, Mac Specialist replied 6 years ago
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

hi,

sorry to give you the bad news, but defective front camera on ipad 2 is a common problem that Apple having. A lot of peoples have the same problem as you do. hardware defective nothing to do with software or apps.

you need to bring to an Apple Store and get a replacement.

CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist