Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have a MacBook with the original OS X operating system.

I have a MacBook with the original OS X operating system. I just bought an iPad, and also have an iPhone so I need to update system to at least OS 5, but I cannot find that software to download. Can you update my MacBook so that I can link all my Apple products on iCloud? If so, how much does this cost, and how long will you need my laptop?
Thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Please look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac' and tell me what you see where the arrows point.
graphic
Just what the arrows point at please.
graphic
This will tell me what you have and what your machine is capable of.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Daniel,
I sent this information in a reply email . . . but Version 10.4.11 and Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Is this what you wanted?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
What you need is OS X 10.6.x, available from the Apple store online or brick and mortar for $30.00.
Then iTunes 10.5.2 can be used. Your hardware is up to it, it is only the OS X that needs upgrading, your Mac can run Lion if you like and will only cost another $30 from the App Store that comes with Snow Leopard 10.6.x.
Once you meet those requirements you will be able to move to iOS 5 for your Mobile devices.

Lion requirements are.

Before you do any upgrades or instals please take the time to read this PDF about repairing permissions, it can save many headaches.

Repairing Permissions

Does that help?