David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

hi, got this Acer beamer pico (pocket beamer) C112 which I

Customer Question

hi, got this Acer beamer pico (pocket beamer) C112 which I try to connect to my Mac Air, but the Mac says: the disc you inserted was not readable and indeed I can not find it back in Finder. It is not a disc actually, but a projector connected through usb (not vga). Anyway, I did connect it to a windows laptop, so I guess it is a Mac issue? There is a cd included with some ini and exe files which I tried to run (hoping for some kind of converter or something - sorry I am just a stupid user), but did not work... what to do? hope you can help me, best Brigitte
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

Unfortunately Acer has not made drivers for this device for Mac. I recommend contacting Acer to find out when they plan to release drivers for Mac. Until they do the device will not work with Mac.

support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx

Click the link in the bottom right to verify your free phone support.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi David, I figured that out.... via another forum I came across a guy who had the same problem and he contacted Acer and was told that Mac sucks...that really helps... so not i put all files on a usb and project it then as usb goes directly into the projector, but it is far from ideal ofcourse. Anyway, thanks for the confirmation, I have one problem with Justanswer: when I came across this page and I filled in low priority the price for this answer would be 29 usd, then I gave all my credit card details and then it was said I just paid 49 usd whereas I only submitted the question as I thought it would cost 29 usd? That is a bit expensive, but also not very correct, so my money is gone now? I know, not your problem, but maybe you can answer this? Best, Brigitte
Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
Hi Brigette,

I don't deal with any billing issues, but support will be glad to help you out.

Contact [email protected] or go to www.justanswer.com/refund

Glad I was able to offer a second confirmation, and for the record Mac doesn't suck, people who cop-out and say Mac suck basically suck themselves.

Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
David.