Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

Hi when i sync my Iphone to my itunes library the music I have

Hi when i sync my Iphone to my itunes library the music I have in my Itunes library on my laptop they dont copy to my phone. the only songs on my Iphone are the ones i purchased from the store. Should these other songs end up on my Iphone?

Also for your information, some songs in my library i purchased through Zune and I put them in the itunes library. these are the songs that I'm trying to get to my iphone.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

First, make sure that the songs are in your iTunes library and "checked". Open iTunes, go to the Music section on the left column of iTunes under "Library" and make sure the songs that are not syncing can "checked" in this list.

From there, connect your iPhone via USB cable to the computer with iTunes opened.

Allow any sync to complete first.

From there click on the iPhone icon in the left column of iTunes. Then go to the Music tab in the main window of iTunes.

Make sure that Sync Music is checked along with Entire Music Library.

From there click the Apply/Sync button in the lower right of iTunes.

This should push all the songs from your library to the your iPhone.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok I have connected my Iphone to my laptop and it says at the top of itunes that it is syncing with my iPhone. It has been syncing now for over and hour. So I'm not sure if its working correctly or not. Also you mention in your answer," From there click on the iPhone icon in the left column of iTunes. Then go to the Music tab in the main window of iTunes. Make sure that Sync Music is checked along with Entire Music Library". I'm not sure where the "main window of itunes" is as I don't see a place to check sync music and entire music library. On the itunes screen I have,, which btw I'm running it on windows Vista, I don't see a music tab; but, I do have a Iphone icon on the left of my screen. Anyway hopefully you can help again.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Your music tab should look something like this:

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I have that and i have ...entire library checked.......... it goes through the snyc steps but still no songs on my phone. Is there something on my Iphone I need to do?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
and also my screen doesn't look exactly like yours
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Are you on a Mac or PC
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As I mentioned above, I'm running a windows vista pc
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any idea how to get these songs to my IPhone???
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Are the songs that you cannot sync ripped from CD/downloaded or are they iTunes purchases?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they are songs that i purchased from Zune NOT Itunes
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I understand.

Can you tell me what file format (i.e. .mp3, .m4a, .wma, etc.) that the Zune songs are in ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

they are mp3's

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Okay, you will need to add them to your iTunes library.

Open iTunes. Go to File menu, select Add Folder to Library.

Select your Zune library folder and this will import the MP3s to iTunes.

You may need to do this by doing to File -> Add Files to Library and selecting the songs 1-by-1 if the folder method does not work.

Once this is complete and you see all your songs in the iTunes Library -> Music section, sync your iPhone as stated earlier.

Update me on the results.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I have gone to File > add Files to Library and have them all in my Itunes library. I have then synced my iPhone but none of those songs in up on my phone under music. The question is why are they not on my phone and what do i need to do different to get them there so I can listen to my music on my iPhone. thanks
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
After you added them to iTunes, do they appear under "Music" in the "Library" section on the left column of iTunes? And can they play in iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes to both. They do appear under library in music and i can play them from Itunes
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Okay, click on the iPhone icon in the left column of iTunes, then go to the Music button for your iPhone in iTunes.

Instead of syncing the Entire Library, check the Sync Selected items instead.

From there, click the Sync button in the bottom right of iTunes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I got them to transfer. I think the reason why they weren't transfering is that i had to click the sync button off of the music tab. Once i did that I was able to transfer all of the files. Ok thanks for your help