Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

Brand new ipad - says "ipad not backed up" cannot unlock or

Customer Question

Brand new ipad - says "ipad not backed up" cannot unlock or do anything!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

What do you see on the iPad's screen?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
"ipad not backed up this ipad hasn't been backed up. Backups happen when this ipad is plugged in, locked and connected to wifi."

Thanks
OK, thank you!. Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Apple devices, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your response took a bit of time - in the interim I found that I had paid Apple for support already. They immediately called me and talked me through a solution. So I never really read your response and wished I had not committed $38 to it. I'd like my $ back.