Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How to INSTALL Roxio toast 11 pro on my iMac 10.7.2 "Lion" When

How to INSTALL Roxio toast...
How to INSTALL Roxio toast 11 pro on my iMac 10.7.2 "Lion"
When I insert the PHYSICAL disk it crashes with the following message "The following disk image couldn't be opened Toast-11-pro 1100/669 image data corrupted"
When I contact support at Roxio all I get is useless Automated messages.
Can you help.

The only reason I need this because my IDVD keeps crashing - but have no other problems on my iMac
12/24/2011
Mike, Mac Medic
You will have to downlaod the image again but first:

Restart and hold the Option key until you see your boot drives, then choose the Recovery HD, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk if that is OK Repair Permissions.
Did as you said still will not load.
Same message as I first told you
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?
The following appeared in Green
"The volume Macintosh HD appeared to be ok"
But still will not Install from the Physical disk crashes same as befire
Did you Repair Permissions? You have to download again after you fixed the directory.
Yes. And tried to download
There may be something wrong with their servers. you can try this instead:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html
Put the disk Cd in again Clicked on the iIcon then crashed
Is it a real CD or a disk image you downloaded?
It's a Physical disk supplied by Roxio called "roxio toast 11 pro"
What do you mean by crashed.... the whole computer crashes or what?
Exactly as my 1st message to you. The whole computer did not crash.
There should not be a disk image at all then. I think you will have to take that up with Roxio, sorry.
When disk CD inserted Small Icon with disk below appears:
A) I click on this small Icon first.

Then a panel appears with on the (LEFT) Another Icon on the (Right)
Icon Icon
Serial Key.text toast-11-pro-110/669

B) I CLICK ON THE ABOVE

C) Then very small panel appears:

Opening toast-11-pro-1100(669).dmg
Verifying

D) Then very small warning window appears:

Says "The following disk image couldn't be opened"

Toast-11-pro-1100/669 image data corrupted

This is all I can tell you.
Make sure the disk is clean then drag the dmg to the desktop and try to open from there.
Dragged dmg to desktop and it loaded and tried to open.

But as before Then very small warning window appears:

Then the disk thay gave you is bad sorry
You can download it from their website if you have the codes:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updatesv11.html
Mike, Mac Medic
Mike, Mac Medic