Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I need a formula that I can enter into a google spread sheet

Customer Question
cell that will print text...
I need a formula that I can enter into a google spread sheet cell that will print text of a number in another cell. Example cell b25 has number 132. I to enter a formula in d25 that will say One hundred thirty two and 00/xx
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2011
Mac Support Specialist: John D, BS Degree in Engineering replied 6 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering

There are readly available macro samples on the web that can do that. But it is much more difficult to do it with a formula.

It is not a Mac question. It is a spread sheet question. I want to enter a number in a cell, then I want that number to print in words like on a check in another designated cell.

132.00 in a cell

the formula I need will be put into another cell and the words One hundred thirty two and 00/xx will appear. My nunbers will not exceed 99 million

No macro is not "Mac". It means using code instead of formulas

I need need to use it in a google spread sheet. I there is any way to do it, that is what I want to know.

I have never used a macro in a spread sheet.
Where are we now?
I will pay $60.00

Ok give me about 30 mins to write the formulas on an excel file, but you will need to upload it yourself to Google Docs

No problem

Ok here is a test file for your review

http://www.2shared.com/document/8FWNZuIm/Book1.html

(make sure to click the blue DOWNLOAD button at the bottom of the download page)

Try it by entering different values in cell A7 to see how it works. If it is ok I will send you the full version

John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering

Thanks. Ok you can pay the balance using the Add Bonus button while I prepare the final version

Ok I have the final version ready now.... Let me know if you cannot find the bonus button

Thanks.

Here is the file. The final formula in B7. The auxiliary formulas are in helper columns C thru V which you can keep hidden if you like

You can copy the formulas down to as many rows as you like, but make sure you also copy the formulas in columns C thru V

http://www.2shared.com/document/Ctna_BO_/Book1a.html

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks again

How do I move the formula around. Like putting the number at m12 and the words at b15

Just drag cell A7 and drop it in M12, and drag B7 and drop it in B15

Need dumb question how do I get to those rows?

How do you get to which rows? All rows and columns are accessible and you can get to any of them

row "C" thru "V" do do appear on the spreaqd sheet
It goes A B W

Do you mean "columns" not "rows", right?

I still don't understand what you are saying. If you want to make use of columns A thru V, you can shift the entire set of formulas to the right of column W. Just select column A, and keep inserting columns until the number field gets shifted to column W, and with it all the other formulas will be shifted

Thank you. I am good and it works perfetually. I will now put it on google docs and should be good, but that is for tomorrow.

Great. Glad I was able to help

Now that we have it. I need to have a possibility of up to 6 cases or the formula to have six different number and the words printed in six different places.

c12 = the number
d12 = words

c15 = number
d15 = words

etc.

Please send me your new file so I can try to set it up for you

The spread sheet you sent was perfect for one numbers to words sequence. I need six different numberson the same sheet tat go to words just like the one you have made. I am bidding on construction jobs and their may be six totals that have numeric bids that have to show in words also. Each of these total comes from other sheets with multiple item that the owner never sees.

Example
base bid________(we put in number) base bid in words_______words print

Alternate 1_______________ alt 1 in words___________________

Alt 2 ______________ Alt 2 in words_________________________

Bond____________________ bond in words___________________

Total bid__________________ total bid in words_____________________

No I need the actual Excel file

Can you telephone me at XXX-XXX-XXXX

Western Alta Construction

or how do I attach the file or I can share a google file we have used.

I am afraid we are not allowed to make phone calls on this site. You can use the paperclip icon on the toolbar.

I replied to the email and attached the file a while ago. I do not know how to attach a file from here as there is no paper clip. I can easily share the sheet on google docs if I have an email address

We cannot use email either

Please go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

168470 file id link. Tab GC's is confidntial

I got the file.

Please list the cells in that file that have the numbers which need to be converted along with the cells where the corresponding words should appear

Every bid sheet is different. Some have one one price other have more. We have to make our spreed sheet match their form and then print on their form.

So what do you want me to do then?

Please just give me the cells that need to be converted on one sheet. I see hundreds of numbers in different rows and columns and I have no idea which is which

The subs tab is formatted to print on their form. First the sublist itself and them the prices at the bottom which are brought over from the general tab. In this case the cells were d43 d48 and 50 but on the next bid it will be different cells.

So I am not quite sure what I need to do with this file unless you tell me exactly what you want.

I think this question is getting quite extended (this is about the 25th message since I sent you the file with the formulas). Perhaps you should consider opening a new tickets

Those cells that you mentioned (i.e. cells d43 d48 and 50) on which sheet are they on?

The subs tab. Third one over

On that sheet there are no values in cells d43 d48 and 50. I will I assume that you meant D42, D44, D49 and D51.

Will set up the formulas on these cells and get back to you

Ok let me know when you're back online so I can send you the file

John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
I am back on or [email protected]

Ok one moment...

Ok here you go

http://www.2shared.com/document/Bnir1LmD/Commerce_City_Hall_Library_1.html

Hope this helps

John D
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering