Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Im trying to set up iphoto to export photos to Facebook.

Customer Question
I'm trying to set up...
I'm trying to set up iphoto to export photos to Facebook. When I try to do this I get the following message:

An error occurred with iPhoto Uploader. Please try again later.

How do I get my iphoto to transport photos to my Facebook account?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 5 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Mac version 10.6.8
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Repair was successful
So Verify Disk was OK in green and then you Repaired Permissions?
yes
What version of iPhoto?
iPhoto '09
I download the above website. I still get the message:

when trying to upload my photos from iPhoto to Facebook. This has not been successful.
Is this just recent or has it never worked?
I have only tried to do this recently. When I contacted you it was my 3rd attempt at trying to upload my digital photos from iPhoto directly to Facebook.
Isn't Facebook upload built in to iPhoto 09 it is in '11 go to Share, what is listed there?
yes; perhaps i need to go the apple store
Then you don't need the download
Mike, Mac Medic