Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi there- I have lost access to all my apps. I have email

Customer Question
Hi there- I have lost...
Hi there- I have lost access to all my apps. I have email and web access? Any ideas
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Is this iPhone, iPad or iPod ?
iPad
Delete the iBook application from your iPad and redownload it from AppStore. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.
Ashik, Mac Technician
All my apps are not loading not just the iBooks
Connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes application. In iTunes, select your ipad and click Restore. Then let it restore your iPad. This should fix the problem. Let me know if that didn't worked....
Just tried it and no, when I try to access it it still gives me the message "failed to load.....
My othe apps still do not load either....
What happens when you click restore ?
It starts to sync. I don't see anywhere that will allow me to restore?
I don't have time formthis now -I am now late for school and don't see the page you are trying to take me too.
Are you sure you are on iTunes on your computer ?

Add a bookmark of this page, so we can continue later.
Yes I am on iTunes and no I don't have the patience or the time now.. I will not get back to the until late tonight or tomorrow... So thanks for the moment and I will try later.
Ok..Reply back here when you have time and i will get back to you ASAP.
PS. I hate computers!!!!!!!!
Haha....They are not so bad :-) You'll get used to them....
Ok found the restore and now I get the message that an unknown error has occured and can not be restored?
Can you try this from another computer, if possible ?
I only have one computer here at home? Will I have to take it to an apple store to get fixed?
Before that we can try a different method to restore. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;
  • Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..

Best Regards,

What/where is the sleep/wake button?
It is the Power button
All that did was switch my computer off and send it in to safe mode....did I do something wrong?
What ?? You have to press the button of your iPad, not your PC.
You did not explain that... I will try again... Home button on the computer and sleek/wake on the iPad
Please read my answer carefully...I explained it. You don't have to press anything your PC. We're fixing your iPad, not your PC. Press both buttons on your iPad.
You explained I had to connect my iPad to the computer..... You did not mention I had to use the buttons on the iPad! If I were that good with a computer/iPad/whatever I wouldn't be talking to you!!! When my computer is finished running through it's safe mode/whatever the he'll it's doing, I will try again!! In the meantime I will head back to work. Thanks again fornyou time. Will be in touch.
Only iPad got the Sleep/Wake and Home button in here. We don't use that word for PCs. I thought you knew that...Anyway, try it and let me know
Ok well I have a few names for computers/iPads/iPhones!!!
Wonders on wonder-it's working- the apps I have checked are up and running and I can read my book.
Thank you for your help.
Glad I could help...
Ashik, Mac Technician