Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

Every time I click on my iTunes music librabry I get a message

Customer Question

Every time I click on my iTunes music librabry I get a message is saying it can't find the original file and do I want to loacate it. In addition, when synching my itouch it gives me a constant plug the usb cord into itunes. Help!!!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you see the image of a USB cord now on the screen of your iPod Touch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes

OK, thank you. Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Apple devices, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

We need to put the iPod Touch in DFU mode, then restore it from itunes (please see below)

Please make sure the iPod is connected to your computer with the USB cable and iTunes is open on your computer, then please follow the steps below to put the iPod in DFU mode.

Click here -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI to see a step by step video to put the iPod in DFU mode (the video is for an iPhone but works the same for an iPod Touch)

When the iPod is in DFU mode (iTunes will say it to you), then right click the iPod icon under "Devices" on the left of iTunes (on the computer) and select Restore. Then select the newest backup and restore it.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It will not go into DFU mode

That's weird. Is the iPod connected to your computer with the USB cable? and iTunes is running on your computer as well?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am not that itunes is working well on my computer

I didn't get your reply. Please send it again, thank you. Just to clarify, you need to follow the previous procedure while the iPod is connected to the computer and iTunes running on the computer also.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The ipod is plugged into the computer but I am not sure that the itunes on my computer is working well

OK. Please download and install iTunes from here -----> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART. You can also come back going to www.justanswer.com and clicking "My Questions" on the upper right.

Then please try again with my previous procedure. Please keep me posted. Thank you

John C.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok I re loaded itunes and rebooted and not I am getting an 1603 error message on my itouch

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need to know next steps as this has not been resolved

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. I need a resolution to my issue

I need to know next steps as this has not been resolved. My iTunes on my IBM compatible laptop keeps giving me a message stating it can not find the music song file I am clicking on. It does this on whatever song I choose. I tried to psync it with my itouch and i get a picture on the itouch of a usb cord going into the itunes logo. I tried to restore the itouch and it won't do it and I tried reloading itunes on my computer and rebooting and still the same error messages. By the way the error message on the itouch was 1603.

Thank you! and I apologize for the long delay, if you relist the question then I won't be able to find it easily.

Please follow the steps on link below:

Click here -----> http://support.apple.com/kb/ta38603

Thank you

John C.