Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am getting an error code 1015 on my iphone 3 every time I

Customer Question
try to restore it....
I am getting an error code 1015 on my iphone 3 every time I try to restore it. iphone 3g 16GB Model no. A1241 I have tried restoring it multiple times with multiple different firmware nothing is working. It is in recovery mode and will not come out.

OS is Vista sorry
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
11/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 6 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!

iteachmac :

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

iteachmac :

Hi

iteachmac :

Did you get the info from the other post ?

iteachmac :

Heres it is again :

iteachmac :

You will need some software to make changes to the iphone .

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

You need to down grade the firmware to : iPhone (3.1.3 or 3.1.2)

Here's where to get the firmware :

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

You will need Java installed on your PC if not already :

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Plug the iphone in to the USB of computer , quit iTunes .

Launch Tinyumbrella.

Click on connected devices .

Then press , start TSS server .

Then open iTunes .

Then click on your iphone in iTunes .

Then Hold shift key on your computer keyboard , & click restore

If the phone was already syncing slide to stop it before the last step ..

A window will pop up , to look for the firmware you downloaded . , "iphone, 1,2_ etc . restore file . click open on the file .

Tinyumbrella must be running .

Please wait .

iTunes should then say extracting software .

Then preparing iphone restore should display , and wait . .

It will take a few mins at least from here . .

iTunes will say restoring iPhone software .

Make sure you have a good USB cable and don't disturb it while this is working .

The progress bar in iTunes should be moving along .

Dont touch anything while its working .

You may get an error 1015 at the end of the restore , this is normal as its downgrading . .

The iPhone should have a Progress bar on it moving slowly as its working .

After the error 1015 , click ok .

iTunes may pop up more error info , click ok .

Then quit itunes .

The phone will be in recovery mode .

Now go to , Tinyumbrella and click stop TSS server .

Then go recovery devices in Tinyumbrella click iPhone , and then press the exit recovery button to the right .

The iPhone should power off and on again ,

Leave it plugged in .

The apple logo should come on screen , with a progress bar .

Once powered on , install your sim card .

And then unplug the USB cable .

Now plug the USB cable back in .

The phone should activate , and be downgraded to the Firmware version used .

I hope this helps.

Thanks .

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

What is Tinyumbrella?

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

and how do i get it/launch it?

iteachmac :

hi , from:

iteachmac :

see

Download Links .

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

Okay when I launch tinyumbrella its tells me that skype must be killed????? And a bunch of other stuff about Cydia? It tells me to change some of the settings in the advanced tab. It also tells me that The TSS server is not runnning?

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

Okay I get to the point where I click stop TSS server in Tinyumbrella after the error code 1015 and itunes quit... but there is no option to go to chose a recovery device and exit recovery in Tinyumbrella... Also in advanced settings in Tinyumbrella what boxes should be checked?

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

Tinyumbrella is telling me also to enter DFU mode on the device and click Fix Recovery. HELP

iteachmac :

Hi do you have a 3g or 3gs ? just to be sure .\

JACUSTOMER-6n0vehkv- :

3g.... i think?? model number A1241 :-/

iteachmac :

hi ,

iteachmac :

Ok iiiits a 3G

iteachmac :

Try this video help . you should be able to follow more clearly .

iteachmac :

Also try this method first :

iteachmac :

The last video should be for 3G , and keep an up to date firmware , so you may like to try this first .

iteachmac
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!