Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am using the new Iphone 4S. Whenever I try the call forwarding

I am using the new...
I am using the new Iphone 4S. Whenever I try the call forwarding disable option (*73), I get a strange sounding dial tone and immediately lose the call....
Relist: Other.
The tech is awesome as I've worked with him before. If he's busy, this may be a quicker way....and less of a load on him...question isn't too complicated. Thanks!
11/1/2011
Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Hi, my name is Sergio. Thanks for allowing me to help you.

Try using 73# XXXXX
Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Hey Sergio:

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I received the infamous
"your call can't be completed as dialed" recording
When I dialed 73#.
I have no feedback for you, as the first suggestion of using the #did not work, and I sent that response directly back to you, I have not heard anything further on what to do next.
I apologize for the delay, I signed off for the night. Who is your cellular provider? I'd like to see if I can help you. Thank you
Hey Sergio:

No apologies needed! I know you guys are probably swamped. My provider is Verizon. No huge hurry on this.
Just need to start forwarding calls in a couple of days.

Thanks!

Tommy
I haven't received an answer as of the time of this email stating that the expert "had an answer" for me.

NO ANSWER>

Thanks,

Tommy

Would it be a simpler process to go to Verizon store with this? Not implying at all that you can't answer....I just thought they may have had customers with the same problems....
I was just doing some research and came across an article that says if you get the strange dial tone that it means the service is not active on your account. Before going into a store, I would call Verizon.
Thanks, Sergio. Youve helped very much
Thank you for the generous bonus and working with me to help you with your technology needs. As a token of my appreciation and my BONUS to you, please check out a couple of my favorite FREE utilities. Please check them out, and feel free to look me up if you have any questions. Thanks again!

Ccleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a free utility that helps clean your system of junk files and invalid registry entries, both of which can significantly reduce the performance of your system and cause other problems. You can download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Ccleaner is simple to use, but you can find a guide here:
http://www.jahewi.nl/ccleaner/quick/quick.html

LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure. It works seamlessly with all web browsers, and works by prompting you to save and enter usernames and passwords as you browse the web. You can download it here:

https://lastpass.com/download.php

LastPass is also simple to use, but here is a guide: http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/

Features:
  • Reduces the need to remember passwords
  • Automatically fills forms
  • One click login
  • Secure your data
  • Synchronizes across browsers
  • Passwords can be retrieved from any web browser
  • Store secure notes
  • Premium version also works with all mobile phones
Sergio A.
Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist