Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How to get rid of MacKeeper popups?

Customer Question

I KEEP GETTING A POP UP FOR MAC KEEPER. I HAVE TRIED TRASHING AND ALSO, PUTTING IT IN SPAM. IT WON'T DISAPPEAR.
JUST ABOUT THAT THE TIME I FIRST STARTED NOICING IT, I ALSO HAD COMPLAINTS ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SPAM MESSAGES FROM ME. I NEED HELP.....
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 6 years ago.

Have you tried "Reset Safari" - empty all cache?

Look into the plug-in section and remove anything you do not want. Block Pop-up windows.

Go to the Security settings and show cookies and delete all you do not know that you want to keep (some you likely want to keep so no good idea to clean them all away in the Reset Safari).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is This a valid Mac Program?
It says MacKeeper, 911 for your Mac.
Instant Mac Cleanup
High level security
Mac Performance Boost.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 6 years ago.
MacKeeper is a resource hog and many people have had issues using it. Some customers have reported that it's helped to delete critical operating system files.

Also, it's not free. I would not recommend it.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 6 years ago.

Click on this link: Glimmerblocker should keep MacKeeper from popping up: http://download.cnet.com/GlimmerBlocker/3000-2378_4-10904945.html