Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have lost my ipad wireless connection and although I am getting

I have lost my ipad wireless connection and although I am getting the question box asking me to join the network xxxxxx etc, it is not allowing connection even though the correct password XXXXX XXXXX The router box on my pc is connected to the network and working correctly. What do I do next pleae?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You can reset the Network Settings of the iPad. In your iPad, tap Settings > tap General. In General, scroll down and tap Reset. In Reset, tap Reset Network Settings and reset the settings. Then Turn off the iPad and turn it back on. Now try to connect it to the WiFi.

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Ashik

It hasn't worked.

Regards

Kevin

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
When you try to connect did you get any errors ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No - just - unable to join the network "xxxxx"

Kevin

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried resetting your router ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No - how do I do that please?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
What is the model and make of your router ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear DGN1000
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
To reset, press and hold down the Reset button on your router for 10+ seconds. Your router will be reset to factory settings.

Then open your internet browser and goto http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1. Either one of the address will be your router's address and this will open router configuration window. The Login window will prompt for the router configuration username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password XXXXX “password” (without quotes). Setup your router in there.

When you reset, your internet will be temporarily disconnected until you setup your router again. If you need any settings (like Username, Password, IP adress) you can contact your ISP.

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,