Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I updated my idvd unknowingly while trying to get an extra

theme panel, and now I...
I updated my idvd unknowingly while trying to get an extra theme panel, and now I can't even start the program. All I get is the program quit unexpectedly, relaunch or ignore or report. None of these do anything anything. Can you help me get back to the program.
I'm running 10.5.8 and the old program without the intel chips.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely
TD Walters [email protected]
10/2/2011
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. This will boot your Mac in Safe Mode

Once your Mac booted into Safe Mode, delete the iDVD Preference files.
Go to Macintosh HD > Users > your user name > Library > Preferences and trash
com.apple.iDVD.plist

Restart your Mac and try iDVD. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
The procedure did not work as the same message is appearing that the program quit unexpectedly. I do not know the version of idvd that got affected, as it came with the version of 10.5.8. I would try to install it, but do not know how to isolate it from everything else in the install program.
Thank you for the effort.
TDW
Uninstall iDVD and all its related files with CleanApp application. Download CleanApp from here : http://www.syniumsoftware.com/cleanapp/ (Just try the trial version, no need to buy it)

Then reinstall iDVD from Mac OS X Application Install DVD or iLife installation disc. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regadrs,
Ashik, Mac Technician