Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I signed up for Netflix. Is my computer able to have this,

Customer Question

I signed up for Netflix. Is my computer able to have this, or can I enable it to access Netflix?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

What does happen when you click on a movie ? Do you get an error message? Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does not turn the movie on but goes to another page to answer questions. I did and it said to contact a support person. I don't remember exactly what the page said now?
Could you please try again and let me know the exact error message, please ? Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.k. I did. It wants to know if I have Intel based Mac, w/os 10.4.11 or higher, Safari 3 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher, chrome10 or higher, 1GB RAM? Thanks for your help.
OK, please click the apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen. Then click "About This Mac"

There you will see the Version, Processor and Memory.

Please let me know it. And do NOT click "More Info".
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Version 10.4.11
Processor 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
OK, now open Safari, then click Safari menu and then click About.

What Safari version number do you see there? Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Safari Version 10.4.11
Sorry, Thought you didn't answer!

I mean Safari now. Open the Safari browser. Then click "Safari" menu on the upper left, then click About.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Safari Version 10.4.11 {4533.18.5}
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
John I did not get an answer after my last reply?
I am here, I apologize for the long delay. It seems that's Safari 4.2. (10.4.11 is the OS version, not Safari). Please try downloading this good browser Firefox from here -----> http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.23&os=osx&lang=en-US

Download and install it. Then open Firefox and go to www.netflix.com from it. And try to watch a movie.

Does it work? Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't download Firefox fromthe link? I think I already have a version of Firefox downloaded , when I click on Firefox it say's the application Firefox cannot be launched. 10661
OK, right click the link (or Control Click it) http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.23&os=osx&lang=en-US and then select SAVE AS and save it to your Desktop.

Then double click it to start the Firefox installation.